SiteGround Customer Service is Excellent
When I first signed up with SiteGround, I was immediately impressed by the quality of their customer service – one day after creating my account and selecting my hosting plan, I received a phone call. It was a customer service representative who just called to check if everything went well with the initial setup of my website and if I needed any help!
The truth is that I did not have any issues or did not need any help at that stage. The documentation that you find on the SiteGround website after signing up is of very high quality, and contains most of tips and tricks that you need to get your website online in no time.
From the moment you signed up and created your account, SiteGround customer service is available 24/7 and is insanely fast. They invest a lot of technical and human power to ensure that their support is super efficient and fast. If you have a question or problem, you have a lot of options to get a very quick reply and solution to your problem:
- Tickets: you can raise a ticket through the SiteGround website. Tickets are available 24/7 and SiteGround commits to providing a first reply to every ticket within just 10 minutes!
- 24/7 live chat: just open the chat on the SiteGround website and start typing your question. You will be in contact with a customer service employee immediately – SiteGround over staffs all shifts to ensure that you never have to wait more than a few seconds for the next available operator.
- Phone: this amazing speed is also applicable when you contact customer service by phone, 24/7!
- Human side of customer support: you can check all the profiles of each of the customer service employees on the SiteGround support website. You can see who you are talking to, what their technical background is and which specific areas of expertise and interests they have.
- Application specific support: if you ask a question that is not directly related to their pure hosting services, most web hosts will turn you down as it is beyond the scope of their support. At SiteGround this is not the case – they will help you even if you have questions on specific applications, scripts, plugins, templates, etc.
Websites Hosted By SiteGround Load So Much Faster
Speed is high on the agenda at SiteGround. Whenever newest speed technologies are available – faster hardware, innovative network architecture or dedicated software solutions – SiteGround is always one of the first to implement it on their hosting plans.
SiteGround performed a test with real hosting accounts at 12 of the most popular web hosts on the market and compared their website loading time to the loading times of the other web hosts. As you can see from the image below, SiteGround loads websites within impressive 1,7 seconds, clearly beating the industry average of 4,7 seconds and only slower than one other web host in the test group.
To speed up their loading times even more, SiteGround offers their advanced website optimization solution called SuperCacher. When performing the same speed test with the SuperCacher switched on for the website hosted by SiteGround, the loading time came down to only 1.3 seconds, leaving all the other web hosts behind.
When signing up for one of their hosting plans, SiteGround also offers you the possibility to choose the data center that is closest to your visitors, ensuring the best possible page loading times. The currently have data centers on three continents – North America, Europe and Asia – and continuously invest in the most powerful and innovative hardware to build their infrastructure on.
SiteGround Offers Managed and Dedicated WordPress Hosting
After working with WordPress on most of my online projects, I would recommend WordPress to anyone looking for a great Content Management System.
WordPress is great! But it is even greater when supported by a superb web host that is optimized for WordPress websites. If your host is not optimized for WordPress, it might take a long time for your pages to load, you might spend a lot of time to update and maintain your website and you need to manually ensure that you have the latest software versions running to avoid security risks!
That is why SiteGround offers managed and dedicated WordPress Hosting. Now you probably wonder, what does that mean, dedicated WordPress Hosting? Obviously this does not mean the same for each hosting provider. If you use SiteGround, it means that you get hosting services that are clearly optimized for superior WordPress performance, access to free WordPress Themes and great WordPress documentation and tutorials.
Superior WordPress Performance
When you run your WordPress website on SiteGround, you can be sure that the performance of your site is great, that you get all the support you need in developing your site and that managing your site will be easy. SiteGround ensures this by providing some great WordPress tools:
- 1-Click installer: only one click is needed to install WordPress and launch the basic version of your website
- Autoupdates: when running an older version of the WordPress software on your website, you are exposed to security risks (older versions do not have the latest updates against known security issues). As you are not always behind your computer (and hopefully find the time to go on well deserved holidays once in a while), SiteGround will automatically install the latest WordPress version on your website and send you an email once it is completed!
- Free Domain Name: with all SiteGround hosting plans you receive a free domain name – so no initial payment needed to register your website name!
- SuperCacher: as described above, the SuperCacher is SiteGround’s advanced website optimization solution to load websites even faster. In fact they offer three levels of caching to make your site ultra-fast!
- WP-CLI enabled: for the more advanced WordPress users, you have the option to manage your WordPress installations through the Command Line Interface.
- WordPress Staging: sometimes when you want to make changes to your WordPress website, you do not want your visitors to see these changes right away, but you first want to see the result of these changes. With WordPress staging you have the possibility to first test your changes and only then after checking the results deploying the changes on your website.
- 24/7 WordPress Support: the crew at SiteGround has extensive experience with WordPress and are available around the clock to support you with all the questions you might have
- 99.9% Uptime – so your visitors will not be disappointed when they come to your site!
Thanks to all of these great tools and the superior performance that WordPress sites have when running on SiteGround, WordPress.org officially recommends SiteGround as one of the best WordPress hosting providers! If this is not the best proof..
SiteGround WordPress Themes
SiteGround does not only provide superior WordPress performance, when you host your website with them they will also let you download free WordPress themes that they have designed themselves!
You can choose from a number of categories and even filter by colour.
For each theme you can see more details and even view a demo website running the theme – so you can see what your website would look like!
SiteGround WordPress Tutorials
To help you create and manage your WordPress website, SiteGround has developed a detailed free WordPress tutorial that is available on their website. In their tutorial, they focus on the WordPress basics to help you get started, but if you are running a more complex WordPress website, they also cover some of the more advanced topics.
SiteGround Keeps Your Website Secure And Online
SiteGround is always looking to invent custom and advanced security solutions, minimizing downtime risk and keeping the websites they host online. The result of these efforts is SiteGround’s impressive 99.9% Uptime.
- Pro-active server monitoring: instead of just using standard monitoring systems, a custom lightweight solution ensures that the server status is checked much more often. This allows to detect potential issues much faster and fix them on the spot. The server monitoring is also capable of foreseeing and preventing upcoming problems.
- Own backup system: the in-house developed solution allows for restore times that are much shorter than other widely used backup systems.
- Secure Account isolation: all hosting accounts on the SiteGround servers are isolated from each other – this means that no single account can affect other accounts on the server.
As SiteGround is continuously improving their service by adding new features and investing in new website technologies, I will keep updating this page with main reasons why you should use SiteGround to host your website!